Senior Java Software Engineer
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job ID: 30764
iMethods is currently seeking an experienced Senior Java Software Engineer for a full time contract position in Jacksonville, FL.
The role of the Senior Java Software Developer is to provide key technical knowledge in software design, Java programming, scripting, and system implementation to meet business needs. This individual will understand JSEE standards and assist management of external consultants for time and quality of work. In addition, they will utilize their experience with Web Application Server environments and web based user interfaces.
- Serve as the senior technical lead on all assigned projects.
- Engage with other developers, architects and product managers.
- Provide technical oversight to the development team.
- Assist management in the estimation of effort and cost required on development projects.
- Develop new features front to back as part of a team.
- Review and document any issues and/or concerns with the existing architecture and code and offer resolutions for clean-up.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in a professional Java development role
- 3+ years as a technical lead
- JBoss experience preferred
- Extensive back end web development expertise with excellent understanding of J2SE
- Deep architectural understanding of Java web applications
- Good knowledge in Spring, Hibernate, Struts
- Experience in OOD and working with design patterns
- Experience with RDBMS, particularly MS SQL Server, including writing complex SQL queries, views, stored procedure, riggers, etc.
- Understanding of Windows Operating system
- Excellent creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Sound Analytical Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Open Source libraries, tools and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum
- Experience with SQL query tuning
- Experience with continuous build approaches using tools such as ANT and Subversion
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Wide experience of successful and failed projects
- Ability to slice and dice problems so they can be worked on by several people
- Desire and ability to mentor junior developers
- Relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude